1st Design: Introduction

Hello, is it me you are looking for?

I am Julio, however, most of my friends call me Julay or Jalay. Yes, you may call me like the month. I am 22 years old and I will be 23 by March 1st of this year. Ever since I was little I have liked videogames. They have become an important part of my life and they have, in part, shaped me to be the person I am today. Proof of that is my career choice, I started studying Engineering in Computer Science in 2015 to make videogames. While it is still my preferred choice for my future projects, I have also discovered many other interesting areas, such as networks and mobile apps.

One thing that I have found common among all of these different specializations is the need to design. Many people see it as an optional step or as an activity that is made at the same time as you code, however, I have found that a good design can save plenty of time and, overall, results in better finished products. Design, for me, is a way to validate the ideas and objectives initially proposed for a project.

I expect to learn a lot of practical techniques for designing at code level. I would also love to see processes on how to correctly approach problems and how to pass from abstract ideas to actual code.

My favorite band is Blur, my favorite movie is Big Fish and my favorite song is Today by The Smashing Pumpkins.

I hope to have a lot of fun using Ruby.

PS: If anyone else reads this besides the teacher, I will give you a hug.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

10th module: Going Micro(soft)

7th Design: WarGames

11th module: Metaprogramming